Monday, July 21, 2008

... FROM HORSE RACES TO BUSH CONCERT...

We spent Friday night at the Del Mar Horse Races ... followed by a Gavin Rossdale concert (aka Bush, or Gwen Stefani's handsome lover). Somehow, Ryan ended up picking the right horse every time and cashing in. While I, on the other hand, lost out every time. Of course. Maybe it had something to do with the way we chose which horses we would be betting on? Ryan reviewed all of their stats, and asked around about each horse before placing his wagers, while I put my money on the horse whose name I liked the best and whom had the brightest jersey color. Didn't work out the way I'd hoped it would ... but it was still a really good time.






The concert was fun ... It took me back to my High School days when my friends and I would jam out to Bush, while we did our nightly routine drives past each of our crushes homes. Always trying to see if we could catch a glimpse of them ... and occasionally maybe even doing a little doorbell ditching and spying. Fun times.





It's funny seeing him up close and realizing how these people get hyped up by the media and their glam shots, but they are not too far off from being any other person walking down the street ... minus the fame and money. :) He was not the tall, dark guy that I've seen in so many pics. He's just a short, super skinny, but nice looking little British Man with a cute accent that likes to dance in a tweaked out spazzy way, but can really rock out on the electric guitar. I still find him very appealing though, don't get me wrong. He's got that bad boy attitude. ;)









7 comments:

mikey boy and me said...

I think we saw you guys there. Were you in the box right above the middle of field?

HammondFam said...

How fun! We went to Coldplay last weekend -- it was awesome!

Have you ever heard of the band the killers? The lead singers name is Brandon Flowers, and he is mormon. He is in our ward here in Vegas. His lives a few streets over from us in Tuscany. Not that he comes to church very often, but he has a few times w/ his wife and baby. His wife is super cute, and really sweet. Anyway, cool huh?!!

P.S. Those pics of you and Ryan are so cute!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of him turned out pretty good. I think we made it into some of the songs that are going to be on his live concert DVD that is coming out in a few months. There isn't a person I would rather hang out with or could possibly have more fun with than you. What's next on the agenda?

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

This was fun to read about--I'm sure it was even better in person! Look at you, chillin' with the rock stars!

the batts said...

wishing i would have snuck in with you guys.........:)

the batts said...

wish i would have snuck in with you guys just to see gav...:)

Laurie said...

I went to two Bush concerts in high school. No Doubt opened for them both times! Nothing like a little Gwen and Gav to brighten my day. And my 5 year old daughter would agree....do you think that's a problem??

Our Babies ...



Crazies ...



... Beach House Independence Day ...



... BREAKING DAWN ...



Random ...

... SUMMER PARK HOPPING ...